Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reaction #2

At first I was not really sure on what to write on the teaching philosophy so I just thought I would write about on how I will be teaching in the future (if/when I decided to pursue a career in education). With the reflection on Chapter One, I wrote about my experience on the activities I did from my Linguistic course such as "Suggestopedia" and "The Silent Way". And I thought that the given Grammar-based and communicative approaches will be very helpful to use in a classroom.

---MJoy Guiking

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed "Suggestopedia," because the way of learning was relaxing while helping me understand French phrases. I think this method can be very effective for passive learners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed "The Silent Way" because we learned Burmese and few other languages. However, I also thought that spending the whole class time using the silent way may bore students ---especially children. So I think that this method can be effective in class but must not be used throughout the entire class period, maybe used as an ice breaker or opening activity for students to learn few words/vocabularies.

    And I agree, suggestopedia is relaxing. . .especially since she brought incense and classical/instrumental music to class.

    ReplyDelete