Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chapter 3

I really enjoyed today's class because we focused on how a second language is processed in the mind of the learner. I also enjoyed hearing the comparisons between L1 and L2. It was interesting to hear Vygotsky's overall theory being brought into this chapter because in most of my Linguistic classes Educational Psychologists rarely make an appearance in the textbook. However this is a second language methodology course so i am looking forward to seeing the mixing of Linguistic and Educational theories. Lastly the activity was a great refresher from the traditional cooperative learning groups. I really liked how we were able to draw, talk, and share diverse thoughts/experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was fun to focus on the comparison between L1 and L2. I also realized that Vygotsky's theory is particularly emphasized in Education.

    ReplyDelete