Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chapter 5

I really enjoyed tonight's class. It was really great to hear inputs from our classmates who are currently in the teaching profession. It was very informative and the tips regarding teaching strategies were very helpful. I also like all the presentations especially when each group gives scenarios about their teaching experience or what they do in their class. With my group, I tried my best reading Chamorro words. It was very challenging yet fun and worthwhile-- the chant/song added to the Sirena story was very creative in addition to the "jerk" dance which is popular to kids. I learned three (3) Chamorro words tonight (sad, happy, and angry) I don't know how to spell them in Chamorro so I just wrote the English words. :)All in all, it was a fun learning experience.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I was able to see the activities in class today. Thank you for sharing all of the fun events I missed out on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the use of the 'jerk' was great too. It's a great way to get kids interested in learning something they can relate and connect to. Lessons don't seem so difficult when it is put in a context they are able to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the class was really fun. I wish I were there to participate too. I realize again that teachers should develop the ways to teach the language that make students actively participate and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we also learn how to sing Mary had a little lamb in Japanese. :)

    ReplyDelete