Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chapter 2


                My experience with writing my philosophy of teaching was similar to when I wrote my first essay for ED 110. However I am in my upper level courses so I have formed a more cohesive perspective on what I believe in, currently as a future teacher. I still look to my previous high school teachers and some professors in the university that made my educational endeavor memorable. I hope that I am able to embody the expectations the School of Education has set in front of all the teaching candidates. Also I am glad we are able to interact through the blog and Moodle because it allows everyone to think beyond the classroom time limit.
                What I found most intriguing in Chapter 2 was the incidental focus on form and planned focus on form. I can relate to these two methods professionally and personally. I have seen out on observation most teachers use the incidental focus on form because it supposedly yields quicker results. However personally I have benefited planned focus on form because rigorous grammatical exercises trained me to be better at the target language.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I reread my essay from ED110 and ED271 too. I still have same passions and feelings towards "teaching." The difference is that now I know more technical terms and methods. In addition, I also learned how to deal with different tyoes if students through learning in classes and observing outside.

    ReplyDelete