Thursday, April 12, 2012

16 & 17:Books and Content Teaching

First, books are more effective when students are able to connect with the lesson through the book's material. The SIOP lesson plan assignment really showed me the importance of building lessons and student comprehension as building blocks. This has me thinking of how far back I have to go to get students to understand and connect to a new lesson. Second, teaching through the content areas is vastly daunting to me, because I immediately think that I have to have an extensive knowledge on the content areas I will be teaching. But one of my instructors recently said that anyone could teach a content area, as long as they have the textbook - which ties in the previous chapter.

1 comment:

  1. I found the SIOP lesson plan to be more cohesive to learning as well. Also I agree that with our other statement on content knowledge teaching because of the extra pressure placed on teachers.

    ReplyDelete