Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chapter 12

Although I am first loyal to the idea of storytelling, I am a big fan of using games in classrooms. Games are fun and immediately grap attention. They promote teamwork and competitiveness - all the components to having fun. I remember finishing my crossword puzzles during recess, because they were interesting and appeared like games instead of school work. Nonverbal and verbal games are equally fun. When used in an effective way that gets students to connect and interact meaningfully, they provide the most meaningful and remembered lessons.

3 comments:

  1. I like using games as well in class int fun and also the students are learning at the same time. The only thing that i dont like about games is that they can get out of control if they are not supervised properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy games in the classroom, but I must admit that teachers need to use them sparingly. I have seen a lot of teachers use games in their lessons only to have more time wasted and less knowledge gained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that using games really invigorates the class! Students not only learn the target language, but also develop problem-solving skills through games.

    ReplyDelete