Friday, January 27, 2012


In class, we discussed about the different theories on how language is acquired and how methodologies changed over the years.  Today,  ESL teachers are incorporating the sociocultural aspects when teaching the language. Unlike before, the major emphasis is on grammar.   This approach is more meaningful to the students for their field of experience is integrated and more interaction is taking place during class.

The jigsaw is an excellent  activity to involve all students.  I enjoyed the class and I am looking forward for the upcoming sessions.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the jigsaw activity as well! I am looking forward to hearing from you about your experiences as a Chamorro teacher in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,you make a good point about how ESL teachers are now utilizing the sociocultural aspect which will be authentic to the students. I also believe that an interactive approach will continously engage learners which in turn will find success in learning a second language.

    Like, Hannah, I look forward to hearing about your teaching strategies in your culture classroom.

    ReplyDelete